· NO GMOs – GMO’s are Genetically Modified Organisms. This is where scientists have reconfigured the DNA and chemically “enhanced” plants. For more on that, check out THIS BLOG.
· NO Processed and refined sugar
· Organic – chemical free because although the FDA has approved them, how many drugs approved by the FDA are on recall because of the side effects and carcinogens. I cannot help but tie the health decline of the United States with the added elements to our food supply. A lot of chemicals we use in our food are actually illegal in other countries. When it comes to fruits and veggies there is the Dirty Dozen and Clean Fifteen. So if you are on a budget, this is a great start. CLICK HERE for my recipe!
· Meat – 100% grassfed beef without hormones or antibiotics because the cow stomach was designed to eat grass, not corn. And if corn is being genetically modified (to have it’s own pesticide built in by the way) and is linked to sickness in humans, how do you think the cows are reacting when their consumption is much higher! Think about this…when we eat a lot of sugar which is bad for us, we get tired, lose motivation and energy and feel sick. Too much sugar consumption and it shows up in our blood work and our bodies do get sick. So for a cow to consume so much corn, why do you think they need so many antibiotics for all their ailments? Now think about this…pediatricians are backing off on giving out antibiotics so much because we are over medicated and they are not as effective as they use to be. Maybe because our food supply is loaded up with higher doses of medications. More on that HERE
· Chicken/Eggs – Non-GMO corn fed and free range chickens. Have you seen the documentaries on the chicken houses? They are fattened up and filled with hormones so quickly that they cannot even walk. They lay in each others feces and a fraction of them die daily and the live ones are surrounded by dead chickens. Talk about a health hazard environment! And let’s talk about hormones for a moment. You’ve heard the running joke about what’s in the water for girls to develop so early. It’s not what’s in the water, it’s the hormones given to our meat supply to develop them quicker. Menopause developing sooner than it did in years past? Why would those same hormones NOT effect humans? More on that HERE.
· Raw butter, cheese and milk – These products are so over processed that they’ve lost what nature has intended them to be…healthy. The raw form of these grass fed cow (or goat) products are actually a healthy fat. When it is processed from corn fed cows it gets pasteurized which is the process of heating it up to a high temperature to kill bad bacteria from the ongoing sicknesses that occurs in mass produced beef. But it kills off even more important properties that our body needs. Then it is homogenized which is where it gets spun to separate out particles from the milk it also scrambles the molecular structure of milk and those now missing properties that are removed are what is needed for our bodies to properly absorb milk. Why so many milk allergies and intolerances? Because we aren’t drinking MILK any more. It’s crazy that it’s not been until the most recent generations of people are lactose intolerant by the masses. But Raw milk is illegal…yes illegal…in most states. The traditional methods of farming straight and untouched from nature are now not allowed, but instead we have new practices to produce high quantities, which has come with a steep price on our health. More on that HERE.
· Extra Virgin Olive Oil not heated or heated at a low temp, Coconut Oil for high heat. Both extremely healthy and are important for healthy weightless, actually.
· NO Artificial Sweeteners – You’ve heard the studies linking to cancer from the little pink, blue and yellow packets of chemicals. Did you know that Aspartame (which now goes by new names of…..) is actually E. coli feces? So what do I use to sweeten things up? Raw Honey, Stevia (taken from a plant!) Medjool Dates, Coconut Sugar, Maple Syrup, Brown Rice Syrup and Banana Puree are the ones I use. Now, with the exception of Stevia these will still elevate your blood sugar and insulin levels and all of these need to be in moderation but they are WAY better than the color packets or the white processed granules.
· Ocean/River Fresh Fish – Farmed fish are lower in protein and their Omega 3 value diminishes. They are also given antibiotics because like chicken and beef, when a large amount of animals are forced into a small community they are surrounded by feces, get sick and spread germs. Think about preschools and those years early years of raising kids. They seem to be sick a lot. So fish are also given antibiotics because of being closely surrounded by germs. They are also given pesticides to ward off sea lice.
· No pork or shellfish – They are scavengers. They eat trash and their own poop. They are dirty animals that carry loads of bacteria and parasites in their systems that cannot be killed at high temperatures! The meat is more toxic than other animals because their digestive system both basic and is rapid. It digests a meal in about four hours not processing out the toxins but gets rid of a set amount of waste and then the body holds onto a mix of the rest leaving toxins behind to be quickly absorbed. Cows take 24 hours to digest in which, like our bodies, our complex digestive system filters out the majority of toxins to eliminate. Pigs also do not have sweat glands, which we know is another means that we as humans eliminate toxins from our bodies. So pigs hold onto their toxins.